Saturday, April 01, 2006

Welcome To Crossroads Softball!

First note: Players! Practices will be at 2:00PM Sunday afternoons at Cedar Hills Elementary. At least, for now. I'm looking for a new field. Cedar Hills is located off of 20th St.(north of Rawson), at the top of the hill, turn left onto Wood Ave. and its at the curve of the street (roughly). Although this post may be too late, there is NO PRACTICE on Sunday April 2nd. The predicted conditions do not look favorable for an outdoor sport. Expect practice the following weeks to come.

Second note: Players, Fans and SUPERfans! The games will be starting Monday, April 24th and will be every Monday evening(with a few exceptions) throughout the Spring and Summer. The games will be at Wick Field which is at 4929 Vliet St. in Milwaukee. Our diamond is the one behind the tennis courts and is the easternmost field.
Players: Try your best to be at the games about 45 minutes early. This is important for line-up planning, warming up and devotions. Some devotions will be pre-game and others will be post-game. It all depends on that night's gametime.
Fans and SUPERfans: We need some SUPERfans this year. People who are loud and rowdy and ready to heckle Pastor Greg and the Silver team (they are in our division). I'm also looking to start a Crossroads Cowbell Crew. Hopefully we can get some people to help chip in to buy some cowbells for our SUPERfans to use every game, if its even permitted.

Third note: Roster. I wont be listing positions because of the versatility of many of our players.

Gabriel M Ledbetter - Coach/Manager
Ryan Banks
Jeremiah Blomberg
Pastor Jon Brooks
Dave Ciero
Dustyn Kupsik
Michael Luth
Greg Mandigo
Billy Martin
Jeremy Ratliff
Dan Robinson
Eric Sandoval
Deric Wallace
Tim Williams
Eddie Willing

If I have forgotten your name from this list, let me know. Also, there are still players that I need paperwork from and most still need to pay me.

We are calling this season; "The Greatest Turnaround in Sports History". Our inaugural team of 2005 went 3-12. I have confidence in the 2006 team to turn that record around or do even better. The competition in Division 3 is roughly the same, and is becoming relatively familiar. The players are pumped for the season to start and so am I. And I hope our fans are too.

I think I will end on that note.

Stop Reading!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm ready... i'm gonna be a superfan this year- sarah and i want shirts and cowbells.... don't you worry- we'll be there and be loud... at least until i find out what work wants- and by then who knows what will be happening with my schedule- oh well- softball comes first.... hehe! have a great season guys!

Anonymous said...

Yep, I'm gonna be a SUPERfan. I know you guys can have a great turnaround season. We have so many ideas for getting the fans into cheering. Tshirts and cowbells is just the start.

Mr. Ed said...

I'll pitch in for cow bells. I don't care if it's not allowed. :)

Lessee if Jake O is up for makin Tshirts!

As for the season, I predict we will be 8-7. If not better. That will be a hige turn around. Even if I have to sit on the bench I want this team to kick butt, and I really believe we have the guys to do it!

Count Windy in for a Superfan. Trust me, she can get loud

Mr. Ed said...

Gabe, everyone, I found this post very helpful. I think it would be good to create as a post itself. Here's the url on hitting techniques.

http://www.beabetterhitter.com/blog/2005/09/process-of-hitting.html

Anonymous said...

that's good stuff eddie... now i can be a super hitter too!

Mr. Ed said...

What a crew! I'm glad to be on a team with so much talent. I think we're going to have a problem with having too many guys that are good at what they do, and maybe not enough time together to have chemistry.

Gabriel M Ledbetter - Coach/Manager
Ryan Banks
Jeremiah Blomberg
Pastor Jon Brooks
Dave Ciero
Aaron Gonzalez
Dustyn Kupsik
Michael Luth
Greg Mandigo
Billy Martin
Jeremy Ratliff
Dan Robinson
Eric Sandoval
JoshEo Summers
Deric Wallace
Tim Williams
Eddie Willing


It may be interesting to have "substitute crews" where at a point in the game, several people come out and the same several others come in. That way there's fluency, and familiarity. That may be too rigid, but it's an idea.

Hey, who's gonna pitch besides Dan? We should have at least 2 pitchers, if not three. Basically, I think the most important thing for our team this year is getting line drive base hits. Last year, several of our greatest hitters were cracking the crap out of the ball, but it was always a spaceshot, and an easy out. I'm really digging the tips on that website I gave a link to. It's pretty helpful stuff.

It's really late, and I'm so tired I can't think of one subject at a time :)

Mr. Ed said...

Wow, we're getting official delegated titles. Gabe, can I be the Public Relations guy?

I'll settle for bat-boy.

Mr. Ed said...

What's a boocon?

Anonymous said...

How about posting that schedule so we SUPER FANS don't have to keep calling you on Monday to find out the game time.

Anonymous said...

Hilary,

I like to plan ahead and a one day notice is not enough time for me. I have to pick out an outfit to wear, when (where) to eat, who to go with, appointments to cancel, the list goes on....

Mr. Ed said...

I'm glad you were able to respond to that scathing response so well :)

I don't suppose you like to skip church. lol