Thursday, April 27, 2006

Alternate Practices

It has been discussed by many of our players, that they would like a mid-week practice as well as our Sunday practices. And, some guys can't make the Sundays right now, but would still like to throw the ball around with some of the guys. This is by no means a mandatory practice, just a chance to get some extra work in. For now, the practices will also be at Cedar Hills elementary at 6:00PM on Thursday.

Also, a big congrats to the team for pulling off a big win against our in-church rival, Oak Creek-Silver! It was a good game by both teams but with XR having the last at-bats, we took advantage. Our defense held the score down in the final innings and with the strength of our batting, I knew the W wasn't far away. For those who missed the game.... you missed possibly the best opening day in history. I heard we had 15+ fans, though, which is still a good turnout. A quick recap of some of the highlights were: First of all, we had back-to-back homeruns. There were also two other hits that made it to the fence, and its still early in the season. Once all of our batters find their stride, I think we'll be putting plenty more over the fence. Second of all, all of our players made it on base. That I was extremely happy to hear. Complete team involvement. and third of all, defensively, we ended our last inning with a double play. Something we didn't see much of last year. Way to go, guys!

This next week we play at 7:15 against Life Church, who is new to our division/league. I caught a quick glimpse of their game (which was before ours) and it looks like they have some hitters. Some of my players said their defense was a little sloppy, which I hope we can take advantage of this upcoming Monday. Either way, I think it should be a good match-up, and we'll need to bring our A-game, or maybe suffer a loss. And thats why I'm pleased to hear that our guys want an alternate practice day. It gives us an edge on our opponents who may struggle to even get one good practice in a week.

1-0
The Coach

7 comments:

gmledbetter said...

Also, I know it hasn't been mentioned in Crossroads yet, don't forget about the Snappers game on May 6th. I really would like the whole team to go (if your schedule permits).

Anonymous said...

Gabe, you are a babe.

Anonymous said...

Whatever Tim, I'll tell you man. Anyways blog...man, this rain is annoying. Does anyope thing we have a shot of playing tonight?

gmledbetter said...

Most likely not. I checked out the field and the infield is soggy but doesn't have any standing water. But there also may be more raining coming this aft. As soon as I hear, I will let everyone know.

Anonymous said...

Whatever Gabe...anyways rain.

Anonymous said...

Forget Shawn Day's house...how about Todd Day's house? I hear he has a great house and baseball field.

gmledbetter said...

let's try the 51st and coldspring. 6:00 I'll try to call everyone soon.